[petsc-users] KSP on GPU

Carl-Johan Thore carl-johan.thore at liu.se
Tue Nov 1 10:42:08 CDT 2022

Thanks for the tips!

The suggested settings for GAMG did not yield better results,
but hypre worked well right away, giving very good convergence!

A follow-up question then (I hope that's ok; and it could be related to GAMG
not working, I'll check that). Once everything was running I discovered that my gradient vector
dfdx which I populate via an array df obtained from VecGetArray(dfdx, &df) doesn't get
filled properly; it always contains only zeros. This is not the case when I run on the CPU,
and df gets filled as it should even on the GPU, suggesting that either I'm not using
VecGetArray properly, or I shouldn't use it at all for GPU computations?

Kind regards,
Carl-Johan