[petsc-users] Generating data on dmplex with varying DOFs

Prateek Gupta prateekgupta1709 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 07:40:55 CDT 2022

Thanks!
On a similar note, is it possible to define data on faces of a parallel
(distributed) dmplex? I have seen the example particular to finite volume
methods. But the examples I am building are block-spectral where each
element has a higher order polynomial running (much like spectral element
methods without the nuisance to separate edge modes and nodal modes).
What I am interested in is,

1. Define face data with multiple DOFs.

2. A quick way of exchanging this face data between processors for
calculating fluxes.

I have written all of this by hand already. Just wanted to check and
compare if dmplex would offer some performance improvement. Additionally,
petscFV could be extended to petscSD (SD stands for spectral difference),
where finite volume implementation is the zeroth order special case.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Prateek Gupta, PhD