[petsc-users] 3.16.4 amd blis libflame linking problem

Anton Popov popov at uni-mainz.de
Fri Feb 4 11:48:00 CST 2022

Thanks Matt, Barry and Satish, for  your suggestions.

The problem was indeed in mismatch between the gfortran library version
(system has libgfortran.so.4 libflame needs libgfortran.so.5)

3.9.4 did not detect this during configure, but only gave error later
during test.

3.16.4 detected this immediately.

After installing libgfortran.so.5, both PETSc versions install just
fine, however I get the warning mentioned by Satish.

Maybe it is indeed worth upgrading everything to the compatible versions.

Best,

Anton