[petsc-users] 3.16.4 amd blis libflame linking problem

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 4 11:44:47 CST 2022

On Fri, 4 Feb 2022, Barry Smith wrote:

> >>  Hmm, if it needs libgfortran.so.5 then it needs it and it cannot be ignored since a link cannot succeed. Flame presumably contains a lot of old Fortran code from Lapack so would normally need the fortran libraries.
> >
> > Its a warning not an error.
> >
> > And we already have a list of excludes (of such warnings) to ignore in configure
>
>   I understand it is a warning. But I am questioning how one could actually use this libflame library if one of its dependencies cannot be found.

libgfortran.so.4 [or .6?] might be found and used.

Yeah - ideally that should be an error - but the compiler flags it as warning not an error. [and I don't think configure should convert these warnings to errors - even thought things might break for the user - at a later stage - due to this discrepancy..]

Satish