[petsc-users] Using Finite Difference Jacobian with TS

Jorti, Zakariae zjorti at lanl.gov
Wed Feb 2 17:07:41 CST 2022

Hello,

I am using a TS to solve a differential algebraic equation (DAE).
I do not provide the Jacobian matrix but instead set the TS to use a finite difference jacobian with coloring.
For debugging, I only solve this DAE on one time step.
Is there a way to output this finite difference jacobian in a matlab format (.m file)?
I have already tried this flag : -mat_view ascii:ColFDJac.m:ascii_matlab , but when I use it the test takes too long. My guess is that this flag  is trying to save all the matrices involved in the computations. I am  only interested in the jacobian though.
Thank you.

Best,

Zakariae