[petsc-users] Input argument out of range with MatZeroRows

Jennifer Ellen Fromm jefromm at eng.ucsd.edu
Fri Apr 15 16:09:05 CDT 2022

Hello,
I am using petsc4py, and attempting to zero rows of an mpiaij matrix (and
set the diagonal to 1). I loop over the owned row indices to identify the
rows I want to zero, then attempt to call zeroRows() with the list of owned
indices. When I run in parallel (mpirun --np 2) I get petsc4py error 63,
'input argument out of range'. I have tried to adjust several matrix
options but nothing has worked. Is this a valid method for trying to zero
rows?
Thanks,
Jennifer