[petsc-users] HDF5 timestepping in PETSc 3.16

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Oct 18 21:35:08 CDT 2021

Any response on this?

This is a bit of a showstopper for me - I can't upgrade to PETSc 3.16 if
it does not allow my users to read their HDF5 files created using
earlier versions of PETSc.

So far I can't see a workaround. Possibly the timestepping functions
need some kind of optional parameter to specify what the default
timestepping attribute should be, if it's not present in the file
(rather than just assuming it's false)?

Regards, Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher