[petsc-users] [External] Re: request to add an option similar to use_omp_threads for mumps to cusparse solver

Chang Liu cliu at pppl.gov
Tue Oct 12 10:19:25 CDT 2021

Hi Junchao,

No I only needs it to be transferred within a node. I use block-Jacobi
method and GMRES to solve the sparse matrix, so each direct solver will
take care of a sub-block of the whole matrix. In this way, I can use one
GPU to solve one sub-block, which is stored within one node.

It was stated in the documentation that cusparse solver is slow.
However, in my test using ex72.c, the cusparse solver is faster than
mumps or superlu_dist on CPUs.

Chang

--
Chang Liu