[petsc-users] request to add an option similar to use_omp_threads for mumps to cusparse solver

Chang Liu cliu at pppl.gov
Mon Oct 11 22:24:58 CDT 2021

Hi,

Currently, it is possible to use mumps solver in PETSC with
-mat_mumps_use_omp_threads option, so that multiple MPI processes will
transfer the matrix and rhs data to the master rank, and then master
rank will call mumps with OpenMP to solve the matrix.

I wonder if someone can develop similar option for cusparse solver.
Right now, this solver does not work with mpiaijcusparse. I think a
possible workaround is to transfer all the matrix data to one MPI
process, and then upload the data to GPU to solve. In this way, one can
use cusparse solver for a MPI program.

Chang
--
Chang Liu
Staff Research Physicist
cliu at pppl.gov
Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
100 Stellarator Rd, Princeton NJ 08540, USA