[petsc-users] MUMPS failure

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Tue Mar 23 13:04:09 CDT 2021

   In a pure Fortran code using -fdefault-integer-8 is probably fine. But MUMPS is a mixture of Fortran and C code and PETSc uses MUMPs C interface. The  -fdefault-integer-8 doesn't magically fix anything in the C parts of MUMPS.  I also don't know about MPI calls and if they would need editing.

   I am not saying it is impossible to get it to work but one needs are to insure the C portions also switch to 64 bit integers in a consistent way. This may be all doable bit is not simply using -fdefault-integer-8 on MUMPS.

  Barry