[petsc-users] Preconditioner for stokes flow with mixed boundary conditions.

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 13:45:22 CDT 2021

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 2:38 PM Abhinav Singh <abhinavrajendra at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The Stokes flow equations are a 3d version of the equations attached
> (Stokes-Leslie Flow). Only variables/unknowns are v and
> u_xy=0.5(Dx(vy)+Dy(vx).

This is not what I have referred to as Stokes flow (Google gave me no
results for Stokes-Leslie flow). The Stokes operator is elliptic, but I
have no idea if
what you have written is. It has fourth order derivatives in it, with mixed
nonlinear terms, so nothing is clear to me. Is there a
coordinate-independent form?
>From what I see in the image, I have no idea what solvers might work. Do
you have any reference where people have solved this before?