[petsc-users] Preconditioner for stokes flow with mixed boundary conditions.

Abhinav Singh abhinavrajendra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 13:37:51 CDT 2021

Hello,

The Stokes flow equations are a 3d version of the equations attached
(Stokes-Leslie Flow). Only variables/unknowns are v and
u_xy=0.5(Dx(vy)+Dy(vx).

I am trying to solve them iteratively by correcting the pressure to reach a
steady state. I start with 0 pressure. Currently, I am unable to solve the
first iteration (periodic in X and Z. V=0 at Y=0 and Dx(vy)+Dy(vx)=g(x) at
Y=10).

I think the equations might be singular but I am not sure as in my
experience, the problem is well posed if the solution is known at certain
boundaries.

[image: by default 2021-04-19 at 20.28.28.png]