[petsc-users] correction to previous email

Zane Charles Jakobs Zane.Jakobs at colorado.edu
Mon Apr 5 13:30:21 CDT 2021

Hi PETSc devs,

In an email I sent a few minutes ago, I claimed that the TS was writing
files of size about 1MB per timestep. That is incorrect; it is actually
writing files with a few kB (about 10 kB) per timestep. My questions in the
previous email (why are these so big, and can I change that somehow?) still
apply though, since this is still much larger than these files "should" be
based on the size of the state (128 bits) and the time variable (64 bits).

My apologies for the error, and thank you for any help you can provide.

-Zane Jakobs