[petsc-users] correction to previous email

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Mon Apr 5 14:18:51 CDT 2021

   That does seem like a great deal of memory per timestep. We need a bit more information to help you.

    Which TSTrajectory are you using?  Have you built PETSc with --download-revolve?  Are you trying to save the entire trajectory for post-processing or just enough to run with TSAdjoint and do an optimization? The TSTRAJECTORYMEMORY (mis-named) can store some trajectory in memory (which is really what you want) and also some trajectory on disk if needed. Normally with TSAjoint and revolve you don't need to save a huge number of time-steps to files. It sounds like you might be saving all the steps to disk?

    Once we have this information, Hong Zhang who is the expert can provide you with advice on optimizing the use of TSTrajectory.

  Barry