[petsc-users] Possible bug PETSc+Complex+CUDA

Jorge Chiva Segura jorge.chiva.segura at gmail.com
Fri May 29 07:51:14 CDT 2020

Dear all,

I just wanted to add what we found in case that it can help to solve this
problem:

* Examples ex2.c, ex11.c and ex32.c under src/ksp/ksp/tutorials all of them
seg-fault with "-mat_type mpiaijcusparse" or "-vec_type mpicuda" with CUDA
9.2 and 10.2.
   Examples ex2.c and ex32.c work fine if PETSc scalar type is set to real
instead of complex. PETSc has been compiled with gcc-6.4.0

* Here:
  https://dynamite.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tips.html#gpu-support
  it is mentioned that there is some problem for CUDA versions 8 and above.

* It seems that the same problem was mentioned in this thread:
https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/petsc-users/2019-February/037748.html

Please, let me know if you need any extra information.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Jorge