[petsc-users] Possible bug PETSc+Complex+CUDA

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Thu May 21 10:31:35 CDT 2020

Oh, there is also an issue I have recently noticed and did not have yet the time to fix it

With complex numbers, we use the definitions for complexes from thrust and this does not seem to be always compatible to whatever the C compiler uses
Matt, take a look at petscsytypes.h and you will see the issue https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/blob/master/include/petscsystypes.h#L208 <https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/blob/master/include/petscsystypes.h#L208>

For sure, you need to configure petsc with --with-clanguage=cxx, but even that does not to seem make it work on a CUDA box I have recently tried out (CUDA 10.1)
I believe the issue arise even if you call VecSet(v,0) on a VECCUDA