[petsc-users] Problems with MKL?

Adolfo Rodriguez adantra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 11:23:59 CST 2020

Satish,

Thanks you for super-fast reply. Unfortunately, I cannot follow your
suggestion because the application I am linking PETSc is being compiled
with INTEL and gcc will not work, same goes with mpich. However, I am
positively sure that the problem is that the original application links to
mkl STATICALLY, while petsc links to the dynamic libraries. Also, I would
like to compile PETSC statically.

My question is: can I link to the statical mkl libraries? I tried
--with-blas-lapcak-lib=mkl_xx.a and did not work (I am doing exactly that
in windows and works).

Thanks for your help,

Adolfo