[petsc-users] solving saddle point problem in distributed memory

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 05:54:50 CDT 2020

If you want advice you should post the error trace PETSc reports.

Anyway, solving Stokes is not so trivial (without direct solvers, you may need mesh dependent information), but we have examples for it

https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/blob/master/src/ksp/ksp/tutorials/ex42.c <https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/blob/master/src/ksp/ksp/tutorials/ex42.c>
https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/blob/master/src/ksp/ksp/tutorials/ex43.c <https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/blob/master/src/ksp/ksp/tutorials/ex43.c>
https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/blob/master/src/snes/tutorials/ex69.c <https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/blob/master/src/snes/tutorials/ex69.c>

If you scroll to the end of those files, you see a bunch of possible options either using PCFIELDSPLIT,  PCBDDC or KSPFETIDP.