[petsc-users] How to add a source term for PETSCFV ?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Jul 20 08:36:06 CDT 2020

How would you like to discretize the diffusive terms?  The example has a type of gradient reconstruction so you can have cellwise gradients, but there are many techniques for discretizing diffusive terms in FV.  It's simpler if you use an orthogonal grid, but I doubt that you are.

As for terminology, the diffusive part is usually stiff and thus must be treated implicitly.  In TS terminology, this would be part of the IFunction, not the RHSFunction.