[petsc-users] saving results

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Feb 18 10:26:17 CST 2019

What kind of problems are you solving?  Running for a Krylov method for
tens of thousands of iterations is very rarely recommended.

Regarding storage, it's significantly more expensive to store the Krylov
basis (even when it's a recurrence) than the current approximation.
Some methods require some work to compute the current approximation.
Anyway, you can use a KSPMonitor to write checkpoints at whatever
interval you like.  In case of a crash, use VecLoad() to read in the
checkpoint file and use KSPSetInitialGuessNonzero() to make it be used
as an initial guess.