[petsc-users] [petsc-dev] IMPORTANT PETSc repository changed from Bucketbit to GitLab

Balay, Satish balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 22 11:59:59 CDT 2019

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019, Smith, Barry F. via petsc-dev wrote:

>    PETSc folks.
>
>     This announcement is for people who access PETSc from the BitBucket repository or post issues or have other activities with the Bitbucket repository
>
>    We have changed  the location of the PETSc repository from BitBucket to GitLab. For each copy of the repository you need to do
>
>    git remote set-url origin git at gitlab.com<mailto:git at gitlab.com>:petsc/petsc.git
>    or
>    git remote set-url origin https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc.git
>
>    You will likely also want to set up an account on gitlab and remember to set the ssh key information
>
>    if you previously had write permission to the petsc repository and cannot write to the new repository please email bsmith at mcs.anl.gov<mailto:bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> with your GitLab
>    username and the email used
>
>     Please do not make pull requests to the Gitlab site yet; we will be manually processing the PR from the BitBucket site over the next couple of
>     days as we implement the testing.
>
>     Please be patient, this is all new to use and it may take a few days to get out all the glitches.

Just an update:

We are still in the process of setting up the CI at gitlab. So we are
not yet ready to process PRs [or Merge Requests (MRs) in gitlab terminology]

As of now - we have the old jenkins equivalent [and a few additional]
tests working with gitlab setup. i.e

https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/pipelines/77669506

But we are yet to migrate all the regular [aka next] tests to this
infrastructure.

Satish