[petsc-users] Refine DMPlex with a Refinement Function

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 21:24:15 CDT 2019

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 9:10 AM Daniel Mckinnell via petsc-users <
petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Thank you a lot, that works well for Simplex cells when running on one
> processor. Do you know anything that works for Tensor cells and/or when
> running in parallel?

For simplex in parallel, we use Pragmatic, and for tensor cells in parallel
we use p4est. Both of them operate through the
very new DMAdapt() interface. We have some initial experience, but that
part of PETSc is still unstable.

Note that you can regularly refine simplices or hexes in parallel using
just DMRefine().