[petsc-users] Error with KSPSetUp and MatNest

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Thu Apr 11 06:50:59 CDT 2019

Matt,

As a happy MATNEST user, I got a bit worried when you wrote "we
should remove MatCreateNest() completely". This happened last
time I tried to use AIJ instead:

https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/petsc-users/2016-August/029973.html

Has this problem been fixed in the meantime?

Chris

> I think we should remove MatCreateNest() completely. We should have 1
> mechanism for getting submatrices for creation, not 2, so we retain
> MatCreateLocalRef(). Then if -mat_type nest was specified, it gives you
> back an actually submatrix, otherwise it gives a view. This would do
> everything that we currently do without this horrible MatNest interface
> bubbling to the top.
>
>    Matt

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij  | Senior Researcher | Research & Development
MARIN | T +31 317 49 33 44 | mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl | http://www.marin.nl

MARIN news: http://www.marin.nl/web/News/News-items/42nd-FPSO-JIP-Week-April-812-Singapore.htm