[petsc-users] Increasing norm with finer mesh

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Tue Oct 2 08:29:00 CDT 2018

As Matt said you should see the initial 2-norm residual asymptote to a
constant with scaling, but it will rise.

I prefer the max norm for this reason. You can use -ksp_monitor_max, but
this does compute an extra residual, apparently, but I don't understand why
it should ...

If this does not asymptotic to constant and your problem is linear, you
have a bug.