[petsc-users] Compile petsc using intel mpi

Edoardo alinovi edoardo.alinovi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 07:07:00 CST 2018

Ok, this makes sense, but the reason to use sudo was this one:

[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'RDict.log'
  File "./config/configure.py", line 391, in petsc_configure
    framework =
config.framework.Framework(['--configModules=PETSc.Configure','--optionsModule=config.compilerOptions']+sys.argv[1:],
loadArgDB = 0)
  File
"/home/edo/software/petsc_intel/config/BuildSystem/config/framework.py",
line 80, in __init__
    argDB = RDict.RDict(load = loadArgDB)
  File "/home/edo/software/petsc_intel/config/BuildSystem/RDict.py", line
90, in __init__
    self.setupLogFile()
  File "/home/edo/software/petsc_intel/config/BuildSystem/RDict.py", line
145, in setupLogFile
    self.logFile = file(filename, 'a')

------

Edoardo Alinovi, Ph.D.