[petsc-users] Correct use of PCFactorSetMatOrderingType

Zhang, Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 6 10:15:20 CST 2018

Edoardo:
Interesting. I thought it would not affect performance much. What happens if you use -sub_pc_type lu'?
Hong

Dear Hong and Matt,

thank you for your kind replay. I have just tested your suggestions and applied " -sub_pc_type ilu -sub_pc_factor_mat_ordering_type nd/rcm" and, in both cases, I have found  a deterioration of performances with respect to doing nothing (thus just putting default PCBJACOBI). Is it normal? However, I guess this is very problem dependent.
------

Edoardo Alinovi, Ph.D.

DICCA, Scuola Politecnica
Universita' di Genova