[petsc-users] Correct use of PCFactorSetMatOrderingType

Edoardo alinovi edoardo.alinovi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:28:46 CST 2018

Dear Hong and Matt,

thank you for your kind replay. I have just tested your suggestions and
applied " -sub_pc_type ilu -sub_pc_factor_mat_ordering_type nd/rcm" and, in
both cases, I have found  a deterioration of performances with respect to
doing nothing (thus just putting default PCBJACOBI). Is it normal? However,
I guess this is very problem dependent.
------

Edoardo Alinovi, Ph.D.

DICCA, Scuola Politecnica