[petsc-users] Fieldsplit - Schur Complement Reduction - Efficient Preconditioner for Schur Complement

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 03:48:23 CDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 4:24 AM Buesing, Henrik <
hbuesing at eonerc.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to improve the iterative solver [1]. As I understand it I
> would need to improve the preconditioner for the Schur complement.
>
> How would I do that?

1) I always start from the exact thing (full Schur factorization with exact
solves and back off parts until I am happy)

2) Is the a11 block a good preconditioner for your Schur complement? If
not, I would start by replacing that matrix
    with something better.