[petsc-users] Error when use DMPlexGetVertexNumbering

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:50:48 CST 2018

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 1:45 PM, Danyang Su <danyang.su at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I try to get the global vertex index and cell index from local mesh and
> run into problem. What I need is local to global index (the original index
> used in DMPlexCreateFromCellList is best, as user know exactly where the
> node/cell is) for vertices and cells, which will be used to assign material
> properties and some parameters to the specified cell/vertex.

I would recommend doing this before you distribute the mesh. Just set these
properties using a DMLabel and it will be automatically distributed.

> I can use coordinates to select vertex/cell which has already included,
> but still want to keep this feature. This is pretty straightforward when
> using structured grid. For the unstructured grid, I just got compiling
> error saying "You need a ISO C conforming compiler to use the glibc headers"

For any compilation problem, you have to send the configure.log and
make.log. However, it appears that you are not using the same compiler that
you configured with.

   Matt