[petsc-users] pseudo-transient ?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Feb 6 17:07:38 CST 2018

Please always use "reply-all" so that your messages go to the list.
This is standard mailing list etiquette.  It is important to preserve
threading for people who find this discussion later and so that we do
not waste our time re-answering the same questions that have already
been answered in private side-conversations.  You'll likely get an
answer faster that way too.

It doesn't affect the final result, just the algorithm to get there.
Read this doc update.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/b813ae3b0839847a3f9c27668d2815c374454af5

I have an email thread with the authors from 2010, but this was the
conclusion.  I don't have time to test reproducing the figures from the
paper and the above-mentioned linearly implicit variant (the algorithm
they intended to run), but if you're experimenting with it, we would
certainly welcome a patch to that effect.

Mohammad Hassan Baghaei <mhbaghaei at mail.sjtu.edu.cn> writes:

> Thank you very much for your help! I am currently reading the Coffey paper
> on the  pseudo-transient continuation method. Thanks for making clear for
> me. In fact, I need that the final converged solution will be in fully
> implicit form. So, I think I have to configure the SNES.

>>> Amir