[petsc-users] pseudo-transient ?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Feb 6 16:40:08 CST 2018

src/ts/examples/tutorials/ex26.c solves the same problem as that (since
removed) src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex27.c referenced in the Coffey
paper.

Unfortunately, there is still a dangling reference from the TS example
that needs to be fixed.

Note that there is a slight mistake in the paper -- they describe the
algorithm as linearly implicit but the numerical results were created
using nonlinearly implicit Euler.  The algorithm as described is more
efficient and the default using TSPSEUDO in the TS example.  If you want
to reproduce the numerical results, you'll have to change the SNES to
converge the nonlinear solve instead of just the first step.