[petsc-users] Visualizing structured cell-centered data VTK

Buesing, Henrik hbuesing at eonerc.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Feb 7 04:08:17 CST 2018

Dear all,

I have structured cell-centered data and would like to visualize this with Paraview. Up to now I use PetscViewerVTKOpen and VecView to write data in *.vts format. I would like to tell PETSc that the fieldtype is PETSC_VTK_CELL_FIELD. I have found PetscViewerVTKAddField.

Is this the way to go? I was thinking maybe a DMDASetFieldType exists, but did not find any. If yes, what is the PetscViewerVTKWriteFunction I need to provide?

Thank you!
Henrik

--
Dipl.-Math. Henrik Büsing
Institute for Applied Geophysics and Geothermal Energy

Mathieustr. 10        | Tel +49 (0)241 80 49907
52074 Aachen, Germany | Fax +49 (0)241 80 49889

http://www.eonerc.rwth-aachen.de/GGE
hbuesing at eonerc.rwth-aachen.de