[petsc-users] configuration error

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 30 18:40:42 CDT 2017

The compiler library detection code is a bit messy. Its there to help
with interlanguage linking.

One workarround [to such failures] is to tell configure not to guess,
and specify the relavent info.

For eg:

balay at ipro^~/petsc(master) $ ./configure --download-mpich --download-hypre CC=clang CXX=clang++ FC=gfortran --with-clib-autodetect=0 --with-fortranlib-autodetect=0 --with-cxxlib-autodetect=0 LIBS='-L/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/7.2.0/lib/gcc/7/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin17.0.0/7.2.0/../../.. -lgfortran -lc++'

Satish