[petsc-users] "Must select a target sorting criterion if using shift-and-invert"

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Sat Oct 21 01:20:46 CDT 2017

This was added in 3.8 to check the common case when people incorrectly sets shift-and-invert with EPS_SMALLEST_MAGNITUDE. To compute smallest eigenvalues with shift-and-invert the correct way is to set target=0 and which=EPS_TARGET_MAGNITUDE. See for instance
http://slepc.upv.es/documentation/current/src/eps/examples/tutorials/ex13.c.html

Jose