[petsc-users] Accelerate convergence of some specified unknowns of the matrix equation.

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Aug 2 22:09:47 CDT 2017

This usually isn't possible for iterative solvers and saves very little
for direct solvers (you still have to pay the factorization cost, but
can save a little on solve cost which is already vastly cheaper).

While it's easy to make the residual zero for some subset of unknowns,
that says nothing about the solution, which can still be completely
wrong until the solution converges everywhere.