[petsc-users] DMPlex problem

Mark Lohry mlohry at princeton.edu
Fri Sep 9 09:49:18 CDT 2016

Regarding DMPlex, I'm unclear on the separation between Index Sets and
Plex for unstructured solvers. I've got an existing unstructured serial
solver using petsc's newton-krylov solvers. Should I be looking to
parallelize this via IS or plex? Is there an interface for either that
allows me to specify the partitioning (e.g. by metis' output)? Last but
not least, is there a working example of dmplex in the docs? The only
unstructured code example I see in the docs is SNES ex10, which uses IS.

Thanks,

Mark