[petsc-users] undefined symbol: mpi_init_

Antonio Trande anto.trande at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 14:41:54 CDT 2016

On 06/25/2016 03:59 PM, Matthew Knepley wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Antonio Trande <anto.trande at gmail.com
> <mailto:anto.trande at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     is it possible to compile serial PETSc library ?
>     I'm trying to compile PETSc without MPI by configuring with options:
>
>      --with-mpi=0 --with-mpiuni-fortran-binding=0
>
>     but compiler uses -I/.../petsc-3.7.2/include/petsc/mpiuni flag anyway
>     and libpetsc.so contains an "undefined symbol":
>
>     undefined symbol: mpi_init_     (/usr/lib64/libpetsc.so.3.7.2)
>
>     How I can fix this issue ?
>     Full log:
>     https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/sagitter/petsc/fedora-24-x86_64/00362302-petsc/build.log.gz
>

> 1) Why are you giving --with-mpiuni-fortran-binding=0 if you still have
> Fortran turned on? If you want to turn off Fortran, use --with-fc=0.

I did't know what it does. If I active --with-mpiuni-fortran-binding,
'undefined symbol' disappears.

> 2) You did not send configure.log which is what I need, not a screen
> capture.
>
> 3) I cannot see the error you sent anywhere. It would be more useful to
> send the output from 'make test'.
>
>   Matt

I send you all config.log; petsc-serial, petsc-serial (64bit integer),
petsc-openmpi and petsc-mpich are compiled from an own fresh source
directory, respectively from petsc-3.7.2, build64, buildopenmpi_dir,
buildmpich_dir.

All libraries look compiled fine and related test passed.
I will send you latest builds log from Fedora Copr build-system.

--
---
Antonio Trande