[petsc-users] undefined symbol: mpi_init_

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 08:59:50 CDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Antonio Trande <anto.trande at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to compile serial PETSc library ?
> I'm trying to compile PETSc without MPI by configuring with options:
>
>  --with-mpi=0 --with-mpiuni-fortran-binding=0
>
> but compiler uses -I/.../petsc-3.7.2/include/petsc/mpiuni flag anyway
> and libpetsc.so contains an "undefined symbol":
>
> undefined symbol: mpi_init_     (/usr/lib64/libpetsc.so.3.7.2)
>
> How I can fix this issue ?
> Full log:
>
> https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/sagitter/petsc/fedora-24-x86_64/00362302-petsc/build.log.gz

1) Why are you giving --with-mpiuni-fortran-binding=0 if you still have
Fortran turned on? If you want to turn off Fortran, use --with-fc=0.

2) You did not send configure.log which is what I need, not a screen
capture.

3) I cannot see the error you sent anywhere. It would be more useful to
send the output from 'make test'.