[petsc-users] undefined symbol: mpi_init_

Antonio Trande anto.trande at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 15:30:42 CDT 2016

On 06/25/2016 09:41 PM, Antonio Trande wrote:
> On 06/25/2016 03:59 PM, Matthew Knepley wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Antonio Trande <anto.trande at gmail.com
>> <mailto:anto.trande at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi all,
>>
>>     is it possible to compile serial PETSc library ?
>>     I'm trying to compile PETSc without MPI by configuring with options:
>>
>>      --with-mpi=0 --with-mpiuni-fortran-binding=0
>>
>>     but compiler uses -I/.../petsc-3.7.2/include/petsc/mpiuni flag anyway
>>     and libpetsc.so contains an "undefined symbol":
>>
>>     undefined symbol: mpi_init_     (/usr/lib64/libpetsc.so.3.7.2)
>>
>>     How I can fix this issue ?
>>     Full log:
>>     https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/sagitter/petsc/fedora-24-x86_64/00362302-petsc/build.log.gz
>>

>> 1) Why are you giving --with-mpiuni-fortran-binding=0 if you still have
>> Fortran turned on? If you want to turn off Fortran, use --with-fc=0.
>
> I did't know what it does. If I active --with-mpiuni-fortran-binding,
> 'undefined symbol' disappears.
>

>> 2) You did not send configure.log which is what I need, not a screen
>> capture.
>>
>> 3) I cannot see the error you sent anywhere. It would be more useful to
>> send the output from 'make test'.
>>
>>   Matt
>>

> I send you all config.log; petsc-serial, petsc-serial (64bit integer),
> petsc-openmpi and petsc-mpich are compiled from an own fresh source
> directory, respectively from petsc-3.7.2, build64, buildopenmpi_dir,
> buildmpich_dir.
>
> All libraries look compiled fine and related test passed.
> I will send you latest builds log from Fedora Copr build-system.

No, tests not passed with

[0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation,
probably memory access out of range

This is a build log from Fedora 24 64 bit:
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/sagitter/petsc/fedora-24-x86_64/00362535-petsc/build.log.gz

--
---
Antonio Trande