[petsc-users] Benchmarking

Vijay Gopal Chilkuri vijay.gopal.c at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 10:01:40 CST 2016

Dear Jed,

I will try to answer your questions. I've started a calculation with the
-eps_view and -log_view and send you the output once it is done.

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

> Vijay Gopal Chilkuri <vijay.gopal.c at gmail.com> writes:
>

> How sparse is your matrix, where does it come from (affects spectrum and
> thus convergence rate),

The matrix is a variant of the Double Exchange model Hamiltonian. It has at
most 48 non-zero elements per row.

> how many eigenvalues did you request, and what
> preconditioner did you use?

I requested for 2 eigenvalues. I used the krylovshur solver from the SLEPc
package with the default preconditioner.

I'm curious about the preconditioner thing. Can you suggest some suitable
for my system ?

Thanks a lot !
 Vijay