[petsc-users] Hypre's BoomerAMG vs PETSc's GAMG?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 24 20:28:09 CDT 2015

  Justin,

   Since the PETSc logging cannot "see" into the hypre run it doesn't have any information about the times for constructing the AMG levels, so yes is less informative than with GAMG.

   You can get some information about the decisions hypre BoomerAMG made with the option -pc_hypre_boomeramg_print_statistics

  Barry