[petsc-users] Offloading linear solves in time stepper to GPU

Harshad Sahasrabudhe hsahasra at purdue.edu
Sat May 30 22:14:19 CDT 2015

> Is your intent to solve a problem that matters in a way that makes sense
> for a scientist or engineer

I want to see if we can speed up the time stepper for a large system using
GPUs. For large systems with sparse matrix of size 420,000^2, each time
step takes 341 sec on a single process and 180 seconds on 16 processes. So
the scaling isn't that good. We also run out of memory with more number of
processes.