[petsc-users] configure error on Titan with Intel

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 11 21:01:34 CDT 2015

> On May 11, 2015, at 6:55 PM, Mark Adams <mfadams at lbl.gov> wrote:
>
> More Titan fun.  I have built for PGI on Titan but tests are failing to build: -lhwloc?

  Mark,

  What test is this? Did "make tests" run correctly?  How did you run this thing below, remember if you cut and paste everything including what you typed and the directory that your are in that helps. Did you happen to do this make test on a different login node or with a different configuration?

> cc -mp -fast  -o ex56 ex56.o -L/autofs/na3_home1/adams/petsc_master_opt64idx_pgi/lib  -lpetsc -Wl,-rpath,/opt/pgi/14.2.0/linux86/5.1/lib -L/opt/pgi/14.2.0/linux86/5.1/lib -llapack -lblas -Wl,-rpath,/autofs/na3_home1/adams/petsc_master_opt64idx_pgi/lib -L/autofs/na3_home1/adams/petsc_master_opt64idx_pgi/lib -lparmetis -lmetis -lhwloc -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lstdc++
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lhwloc
> make: [ex56] Error 2 (ignored)

  Notes: ./configure ran fine and detected -lhwloc in some standard system install location under normal circumstances it couldn't just disappear for a different example.