[petsc-users] DMView and DMLoad

Ataollah Mesgarnejad amesga1 at tigers.lsu.edu
Tue Mar 10 17:02:53 CDT 2015

Thanks Matt,

I changed your file to reproduce the error. If you run it on more than one
processor you will get something similar to:

[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message

[0]PETSC ERROR: Invalid argument

[0]PETSC ERROR: Number of coordinates loaded 9 does not match number of
vertices 13

[0]PETSC ERROR: See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html for
trouble shooting.

[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Development GIT revision: v3.5.3-2186-g052b31f  GIT
Date: 2015-03-04 11:15:59 -0600

[0]PETSC ERROR: /work/01624/amesga/Code/dmcomplex/ex5 on a
sandybridge-cxx-dbg named c560-303.stampede.tacc.utexas.edu by amesga Tue
Mar 10 16:57:01 2015

[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure options --COPTFLAGS= --CXXOPTFLAGS= --FOPTFLAGS=
--download-chaco=1 --download-exodusii=1 --download-hdf5=1
--download-metis=1 --download-netcdf=1 --download-parmetis=1 --with-blacs=1
--with-blas-lapack-dir=/opt/apps/intel/13/composer_xe_2013_sp1.1.106/mkl/lib/intel64
--with-clanguage=C++ --with-debugging=yes --with-hdf5=1 --with-metis=1
--with-valgrind=1 --download-triangle=1
--with-valgrind-dir=/opt/apps/valgrind/3.8.1/ --with-mpi-compilers=1
--with-mpi-dir=/opt/apps/intel13/impi/4.1.3.049/intel64
--with-scalar-type=real --with-shared-libraries=1
--with-vendor-compilers=intel --with-x11=1 -with-pic
PETSC_ARCH=sandybridge-cxx-dbg

[0]PETSC ERROR: #1 DMPlexLoad_HDF5() line 741 in
/work/01624/amesga/Software/petsc/src/dm/impls/plex/plexhdf5.c

[0]PETSC ERROR: #2 DMLoad_Plex() line 605 in
/work/01624/amesga/Software/petsc/src/dm/impls/plex/plex.c

[0]PETSC ERROR: #3 DMLoad() line 2939 in
/work/01624/amesga/Software/petsc/src/dm/interface/dm.c

[0]PETSC ERROR: #4 main() line 31 in /work/01624/amesga/Code/dmcomplex/ex5.c

[0]PETSC ERROR: No PETSc Option Table entries

[0]PETSC ERROR: ----------------End of Error Message -------

It seems like HDF5 version of DMView and DMLoad work fine for a serial
DMPlex but DMLoad breaks in parallel.

Many thanks,

Ata