[petsc-users] Reg : PETSC Installation

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 17 08:47:41 CDT 2015

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015, Manish Kumar K wrote:

> Dear PETSc Team,
>

>          I am configuring and trying to install PETSc on Cygwin shell. While invoking following commands in shell
>

> Step 1:
>
> ./configure -with-cc=gcc -with-cxx=g++ --with-fc=gfortran --with-mpi=0
>
> --download-fblaslapack=/cygdrive/yourselectedloaction/fblaslapack-3.4.2.tar.gz -with-batch

You should not need -with-batch option. Also you can install lapack from cygwin - and use that.

> Step 2:
>
> ./conftest-arch-mswin-c-debug
>

> Step 3:
>
> ./reconfigure-arch-mswin-c-debug.py
>

> Step 4:
>
> make test all
>

> When i do the above steps I get libpetsc.a file generated in lib folder of PETSc "petsc-3.5.3\arch-mswin-c-debug\lib" .
>
> I need an libpetsc.lib file with .lib extension , can you please help me how to generate libpetsc.lib file

Presumably you need petsc.lib to use with MS compilers? If so - you should install PETSc with
MS compilers - and not cgywin/gnu compilers.

Please check instructions at:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/installation.html#windows

Satish