[petsc-users] Double-colon target

Tuan Nguyen tuan.vawr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:38:36 CDT 2015

Thanks Matt!

It works now but there is issue of memory occur:

PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation, probably
memory access out of range
[3]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger or -on_error_attach_debugger
[3]PETSC ERROR: or see
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html#Signal[3]PETSCERROR:
or try http://valgrind.org on linux or man libgmalloc on Apple to find
memory corruption errors
[3]PETSC ERROR: likely location of problem given in stack below
[3]PETSC ERROR: ---------------------  Stack Frames
------------------------------------
[3]PETSC ERROR: Note: The EXACT line numbers in the stack are not available,
[3]PETSC ERROR:       INSTEAD the line number of the start of the function
[3]PETSC ERROR:       is given.
[3]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
------------------------------------
[3]PETSC ERROR: Signal received!

​I am planning to find where in the code the error occur by using valgrind.
Could you please let me know how to do this?

Here is the command I use to run the code:

/opt/openmpi/mpirun -np 10 ./fvom --casename=lake>info.dat
​
​Thanks,​

--

Tuan Nguyen