[petsc-users] Parallel HDF5 write.

Ataollah Mesgarnejad amesga1 at tigers.lsu.edu
Thu Feb 19 13:07:09 CST 2015

Dear all,

When I try to write a distributed DMPlex vector using HDF5 I get the
following error:

libpetsc.so.3.5: undefined symbol: H5Pset_fapl_mpio

As far as I understand this is an error due to HDF5 if it is not compiled
in parallel!

I tried both:  PETSc compiled with its own HDF5, and also with a HDF5
compiled on system (stampede). I'm attaching PETSc configure.log as well as
the config.log from external packages HDF5 here (which as far as I can tell
was configured and compiled with --enable-parallel flag).

Many thanks in advance,
Ata