[petsc-users] vtk output ASCII or binary

Xiangdong epscodes at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 19:28:30 CST 2014

At this moment, when I write the solutions (two vectors with a few billion
unknowns) to binary vts format, the writing rate is about 100MB/s from proc
0.

Do you think writing the data into pvts format will enhance the
performance? Can I use some PETSc functions to save the local vector as
pvts format and view them as a global vector through paraview/visit?

Thank you.

Xiangdong