[petsc-users] Debug AOCreateBasic

Rongliang Chen rongliang.chan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 20:32:13 CST 2013

Hi Jed,

I  have not find a way to "dump core on selected ranks" yet and I will
continue to do that. I run my code with the option
"-on_error_attach_debugger" and got the following message:

An MPI process has executed an operation involving a call to the
"fork()" system call to create a child process.  Open MPI is currently
operating in a condition that could result in memory corruption or
other system errors; your MPI job may hang, crash, or produce silent
data corruption.  The use of fork() (or system() or other calls that
create child processes) is strongly discouraged.

The process that invoked fork was:

   Local host:          node1529 (PID 3701)
   MPI_COMM_WORLD rank: 0

If you are *absolutely sure* that your application will successfully
and correctly survive a call to fork(), you may disable this warning
by setting the mpi_warn_on_fork MCA parameter to 0.
[node1529:03700] 13 more processes have sent help message
help-mpi-runtime.txt / mpi_init:warn-fork
[node1529:03700] Set MCA parameter "orte_base_help_aggregate" to 0 to
see all help / error messages

Is this message useful for the debugging?

Best,
Rongliang