[petsc-users] SLepc configure with Arpack

Dharmendar Reddy dharmareddy84 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 10:11:00 CDT 2013

Hello,
         I am trying to configure slpec with arpack. I installed the
arpack-ng-3.2 in my home directory : $HOME/arpack

i configure slpec as:

./configure --with-arpack-dir=$HOME/arpack/lib
--with-arpack-flags='-lparpack -larpack"

The configure wroks, i could compile the code. However, tests fails.
I do not have $HOME/arpack/lib in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Tests pas iff i add
arpack lib path to LD_LIB_PATH.

I do not want to do that, i want to the configure to take care of the rpath

I tried  --with-arpack-flags="-Wl, rpath, $HOME/arpack/lib
-L$HOME/arpack/lib -lparpack -larpack"

This does not work.

What should i do ?

thanks